mercredi 24 décembre 2014

Cross-platform cross-language cross-everything actually deterministic random number generator

I'm looking for an algorithm to generate random numbers from a given seed but with the particular requirement that it will always generate the same sequence of number regardless of the underlying computer architecture or language implementation.


I already know of Mersenne Twister, however, the numbers it generates differ when using different implementations (i.e. C MT vs Javascript MT).


Do algorithms with this property exist? Also, I don't need a state-of-the-art RNG, I don't even need it to be cryptographically secure, I just want to drive a "random" simulation on one place and have it follow the same behavior on a different implementation.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire