vendredi 23 novembre 2018

setting the random number generator seed in arena-simulation

I am using Arena to simulate queues on different days. I use different schedules for some parameters on each weekday, and since days are independent, I have chosen to implement each weekday as a separate simulation. However, this means that for attributes that do not differ by weekday, I get the same random numbers on different weekdays.

So I would like to set the RNG seed to differ on each weekday (for sampling from a gamma distribution).

The Arena documentation states that one needs to use the SEEDS module from the elements panel. But I do not see any elements panel, and cannot find any guidance as to how to access this panel. I am fairly new to Arena, so any guidance as to how to set the RNG seed in Arena would be appreciated.

Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire