mercredi 20 février 2019

LibreOffice or Excel: Randomization of items across collums without repetition

I have 1000 people and I want them to judge words as either positive or negative (e.g. 'insurance' and 'car accident'). I have a total of 1000 of such words. I also want each person to do three words as I am interested in some statistical properties (i.e. seeing how well people agree).

I want assign words to people by creating three columns with the same words in each column. However, I want words to randomized in a way so that there is no repetition in any row. Randomization is obviously important as I want to avoid any bias, but it would be silly to ask the same person the same two (or worse, three) words.

So, here is the data structure that I try to achieve:

person1, word1, word65, word333;
person2, word55, word456, word44;
person3, word23, word23, word3; <--- This should not happen

Is there a simple formula or other way to do this form of column-spanning randomization without repetition in LibreOffice Calc or Excel?

Thanks in advance!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire