dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Why is my random array & sort program not working?

I've tried looking up similar questions but I haven't seemed to find anything which solves my problem.

I need to write a program which generates an array of random numbers and sorts them via insertion sort. The actual randomness of the array isn't that important; the important thing is that the code itself generates them. I read here that rand() % n+1 is sufficient for my needs to generate a number between 1 and n.

The code for my program is:

/*
 * Task 1, question e
 */
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

//Random Array Length
#define L 10
#define MAX 100

void naive_sort(int[]);

int main(){

    int i, a[L];

    //Generate an array of random numbers
    for(i=0; i<L; i++)
        a[L]= rand() % (MAX+1);

    //Unsorted Array
    printf("\nUnsorted array: ");
    for(i=0; i<L; i++)
            printf("%d    ", a[i]);

    //Sorted Array
    naive_sort(a);

    return 0;
}

void naive_sort(int a[]){
    int i, j, t;

    for(i=1; i < L; i++){
        t=a[i];
        j=i-1;
        while((t < a[j]) && (j >= 0)){
            a[j+1] = t;
            j--;
        }
        a[j+1]=t;
    }

    printf("\nSorted array: ");
    for(i=0; i<L; i++)
        printf("%d    ", a[i]);
}

I notice that the array generated has numbers larger than 100, despite defining MAX to be 100. The sorting also doesn't work. This is what I get as an output:

Output

Any help with the issue would be greatly appreciated, I've even tried duck debugging but that doesn't seem to work either!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire