lundi 19 février 2018

RtlGenRandom/CryptGenRandom or other WinAPI to generate cryptographically secure random numbers (first quarter of 2018)

I swear, this seems to be changing every time I check the MSDN documentation. When I coded my executable Microsoft was suggesting to use RtlGenRandom API to generate cryptographically strong random numbers.

Now when I'm checking documentation for RtlGenRandom, the note there suggests using CryptGenRandom instead. But then another note for CryptGenRandom states this:

Important: This API is deprecated. New and existing software should start using Cryptography Next Generation APIs. Microsoft may remove this API in future releases.

So can someone show an example in C of how to use those "Cryptography Next Generation APIs" to generate a byte array of random numbers that Microsoft recommends now?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire