lundi 24 juin 2019

How do I use lists to randomize the order of stimulus presentation in E-Prime?

I am trying to present word stimuli for an experiment. Each word on the screen will pop up individually, and when the participant progresses to the next one, it will replace the previous word. I want the words to go in a certain order, with specific instances of randomization. For example, for one participant, the order should go as "cat -> dog -> bird", the second participant should see "cat -> dog -> lizard", and the third participant should see "cat -> wolf -> bird" or some similar variation. Is this possible to do in E-Prime 3.0, specifically using the List tool?

I am currently reading the documentation, but it does not provide a fix for my specific need.

I have tried changing the order of the words manually.

There is no specific code involved, as it is done through E-Prime is more of a "fill-in-the blanks" sort of thing.

Expected results: The order of words should be random. Actual results: The order of words is fixed, and will just proceed down the List until the experiment ends.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire