mercredi 19 juin 2019

(Random Selection) Names From A File

I am trying to make a random name generator method that will create a random first and last name from a list of names I have stored in two separate text files. (First Name.txt && LastName.txt)

So essentially I want to select a random token from the text file and match it from a random token from the last name text file:

I'm just not sure how I can manipulate the string names into a respective random integer.

private static void selectName(Scanner firstName, Scanner lastName) {
        // Initialization of Variables
    String randomFirstName = null;
    Random rand = new Random();
    int randomName = rand.nextInt(199) + 1; // 1 - 200

    while (firstName.hasNext()) {
        randomFirstName = firstName.next();
    }

} // closes FileInformation

The other idea I could think of was to store the contents into an array and transverse that way? Would that be the best way or is there a way to do it as I have now?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire