mardi 22 août 2023

DIEHARDER test suite build is broken for Arch Linux

I've created a PRNG for an university project and I need to test it with the DIEHARDER test suit. Unfortunatelly, every way I tried to install it in my Arch Linux gets failed.

First I tried from the AUR package (dieharder, dieharder-git and dieharder-bin) and all of those gives error when downloading the files from github. When you try to enter the github address, it gives the 404 error.

Then I tried downloading from the official website. I've tried a lot of versions (3.31.1, 3.31.0, 2.6.24, 2.27.13, 2.24.7 and 2.24.1) and all of those gives error when trying to install it via ./configure and makefiles, and the errors are often based on headers and variables not properly declared in the build, just as "ckoba" commented on the official aur repository website:

For what it's worth, I spent several hours this afternoon moving variable declarations from .h files to .c files, eliminating the duplicate variable issues that broke the build. While I was at it, I updated the autoconf bits so that the build framework properly detects modern platforms. I've tested this on i686, x86_64, and aarch64 platforms, and all seem to work fine.

Does someone knows how to install it in my Arch Linux distro today in August 2023? I really need it to test my PRNG and I'm struggling for days trying to install it. Thanks in advance.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire