samedi 27 mai 2017

SQLite: How to achive RANDOM ORDER and pageintation at the same time?

I have a table of movies, I want to be able to query the database and get a randomized list of movies, but also I don't want it to return all movies available so I'm using LIMIT and OFFSET. The problem is when I'm doing something like this:

SELECT *  FROM Movie ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 50 OFFSET 0

and then when querying for the next page with LIMIT 50 OFFSET 50 the RANDOM seed changes and so it's possible for rows from the first page to be included in the second page, which is not the desired behavior.

How can I achieve a random order and preserve it through the pages? As far as I know SQLite doesn't support custom seed for it's RANDOM function.

Thank you!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire