mardi 28 novembre 2017

C# Pulling a random string from a Multidimensional Array (2D) [duplicate]

This question already has an answer here:

- I have a text file, which contains [WORDS - MEANING].

This has been split into a 2D array. One column for words, the other for meaning. The rows in this array are list.Length (however long my list is).

// Assigning text file to variable

string path1 = @"C:\File1.txt";

// Creating a 2D array for the contents to go into

string[,] wordAndMeaning = new string [path1.length, 2];

(Just including this to give a bit of a visual to how my array is looking)

- My aim is to grab a RANDOM word, with the corresponding MEANING from the list.

(The array is correctly sorted and working. Words[10] contains the corresponding meaning in Meaning[10] for example).

My question is how can I create a class, with a method inside which pulls a new random word from the 2D array each time it is called, with the corresponding meaning to go with it.

Thanks (I am a beginner - answers/code with a little extra explanation will be greatly appreciated).




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire