dimanche 27 mai 2018

randomize player color listing in javascript

I have a chess pairing page at http://verlager.com/super-dev.php. The problem is that I need to randomize the player's colors because I am just listing the players in descending order by rating. The higher rated player always gets the white pieces. Not good.

I think I should take the first two players, and randomize a number. If the random number is > 0.5, then the first player has white, else the seconds player has white. List them out. Then take the next two players and do the same. Any suggestions?

for (let i = 0; i < sorted.length; i++) {
        $temp = sorted[i - 1];

//if (i % 2 !== 0) {random = Math.random();} if (random > 0.5;) {player_1 = sorted[i - 1]; player_2 = sorted[i];}


        if ($temp && $temp.length > 0) {     
            var $full = $temp.split(","); var $nick = $full[0]; 
            $name = $nick.substr( 0, 16);
            $("#I" + i).val($name + ", " + $full[1].substr(0, 1) + ". " + members.find(x => x.Name === $temp).Rating);

        }
    }
    }




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire