vendredi 27 juillet 2018

True Random number of an integer through a byte generator (BlueRand)

I'm trying to create a Java application that receives a string and uses that string to determine how many integers should be randomly selected from a range from 1 - x where x is an integer value. I understand that "True" random generation is difficult/impossible using modern computing technology, but a github repository gained my interest that uses jpeg images as a source of random number generation (https://github.com/prgpascal/bluerand).

The generator seems to create a random amount of bytes, however, and so I was wondering if any of you may have any indication of how one might use this to somehow generate integers within a range.

Of course, if any of you know any other generators without a quota limit, be it from a website with an api or a library that works on a local computer that can do this task and I've missed it, I would be happy to learn of it and move my attention to it!

Thank you for your time.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire