lundi 28 décembre 2020

Is srand a reliable source of encryption pads?

I'm looking to encrypt license keys on an audio software plugin. The biggest risk to the integrity of the license keys is small-time crackers decompiling the code and looking for the encryption key. My solution is to store an arbitrary number in the code and feed it to an algorithm that will obfuscate the encryption key while still allowing me to differ the key between projects (I'm a freelancer).

My question is - will seeding the C++ random number generator create the same psuedo-random encryption key every time, or will it differ between runs, libraries, etcetera. It's fine if it differs between operating systems, I just need it to not differ between SDKs and hosting softwares on the same computer.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire