dimanche 22 août 2021

Using a custom attribute to drive a seed value in Blender Geometry nodes

I am attempting to use a custom attribute ('rand') to drive the seed value of a Random Float node.

Screenshot of sample node set up

I am using the Attribute Randomize node to create a random integer called 'rand' for every point created by the Point Distribute node. I am hoping to use this 'rand' value to introduce randomization to the scale/rotation of the individual points.

I know that I can use the Attribute Randomize node to achieve this; I'm attempting to drive the Seed value using a custom attribute as part of a larger issue.

I haven't been able to figure out a way to get access to the rand attribute as an integer than I can connect to an input (for example, the Seed input of the Random Float node). To be clear, this is what I am attempting to solve.

I also know the nodes I've shared are incorrect, I'm just using them to try to demonstrate the problem :)

Many thanks in advance for any advice!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire