mardi 21 mars 2023

Trying to create a list of random floating number sums

I am trying to create a list of numbers, which are created as follows: A sum of 12 random numbers between 0 and 1 and subtract 6 from it. This counts as 1 random value which I will call y. I'm trying to create a list of random y values, which once I succeed in making, will create a histogram from this list to check the mean value theorem. However, when I try running the code I have pasted below, I get a list of 10 repeated values for y, when I'm trying to get 10 random values. How can I fix this code?

import numpy as np
import math
import random

def makelist(x,minnum,maxnum):
    l = []
    for col in range(x):
        l.append(random.uniform(minnum,maxnum))
    return l

def ysum(x,minnum,maxnum):
    m = makelist(x,minnum,maxnum)
    n = []
    n.append(math.fsum(m)-6)
    return n

def yhist(x,y,minnum,maxnum):
    h = []
    f = ysum(x,minnum,maxnum)
    for i in range(y):
        h.append(f)
    return h

print(yhist(12,10,0,1))

Attempted to create random number generation values appended to list, however resulted in repeated numbers.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire