lundi 14 février 2022

Multiple independent random numbers [closed]

I think I don't have good understanding how Random numbers works. In the following sample I am trying to increment 200 counters with 25% probability. It works fine , I understand this is how it supposed to work, but I don't understand why presence of internal loop doesn't affect a probability for a specific counter. Why probability doesn't decrease?

public void test() {
   int array[] = new int[200];
   for (int i = 0; i < 1_000_000; i++) {
       for (int j = 0; j < 200; j++) {
          int one = ThreadLocalRandom.current().nextInt(100) + 1;
          boolean res = one <= 25;
          if (res) {
              array[j]++;
          }
       }
   }
   System.out.println(Arrays.toString(array));
}



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire