mercredi 7 décembre 2022

Ran2 prng library compatible with C++ "random" distributions

I've looked for it a lot and even though it is referred as a good prng in term of quality, except for the cycle length of less than 10^63, I didn't found anything.

There are a lot of strange looking prng out there, all of these in huge libraries compatible with "random" and C++11 standards; none of these has ran2.

The first question popping out of my mind is: why? The second question is: is it possible? I really need to compare the results of that one with other prngs for the system I'm simulating (Ising Model), which is said to be a little infamous with prngs and behaves well with ran2.

I already have the library which implements it in a C++ way https://github.com/PrincetonUniversity/athena-public-version/blob/master/src/utils/ran2.cpp, but I hope to find a way to use it with uniform real distributions too.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire