dimanche 22 avril 2018

how to generate random and limited 128bit SUID key?

I'm doing some random generation of 128bit ID's in range between 0x00 and 0xff and I'm wondering which one of my 3 samples is superior (if any) aka if I will run each method x-times, which one of those will give me more unique ID's in a long run, and/or also which one will be less faulty in case of repeatings.

D2 ? D3 ? or D4?

I'm including my sheet because my formulas are very long: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O1B8R5MkKr9QNF2F3qskUVmAMQGhXOQBm7O8VifFFiM/edit?usp=sharing

my guess is that the weakest is D2

also... is it worth to do D3 over D4 in the name of more randomnes/originality? or is there even difference if I use RAND() in a first place. (I cant really tell if I probably dont see something what isnt there...)

??




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire