lundi 30 avril 2018

How to include the max value of uniform_real_distribution

I am a beginner in C++ and I am trying to explore C++11 features. Here I am trying to get familiar with the new randomness generating engines.

I summarized the following code from a tutorial on this subject and I noticed two things:

1- The uniform_real_distribution doe not include the max value.
2- The commented line produce an error although it seems to work fine on the tutorial.

#include <iostream>
#include <chrono>

using namespace std;

int main(){
    unsigned seed = 201;
    //seed = chrono::steady_clock()::now().time_since_epoch().count();
    default_random_engine e(seed);
    uniform_real_distribution<double> u(0,9);
    vector<double> v(10);
    int num;
    for(int i = 0; i < 400; ++i){
        num = u(e);
        ++v[num];
    }
    for (int i = 0; i < 10; ++i)
        cout << i << ":  " << string(v[i],'*') << "\n";
}

I tried to find the reasons of these two things with no luck.

So, my questions:

1- How to include the max value?
2- Why I am getting the error when uncomment the chrono line ?

cannot convert 'std::chrono::_V2::steady_clock' to 'unsigned int' in initialization

Note: I am using MinGW64 g++ with c++14.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire