vendredi 23 août 2019

generate two random number with specific rules

I writing a code that generate two random integer and display the result of dividing the first number by the second. I want the first integer to be more than the second integer and the result of the division without remainder (an integer number)

I tried using do while loop and continue to change the integers until it generate the numbers as I wanted.

std::random_device device;
std::mt19937 rd(device());
std::uniform_int_distribution<int> random(1, 100);

int firstNumber;
int secondNumber;

do
{
    firstNumber = random(rd);
    secondNumber = random(rd);
}
while ((firstNumber < secondNumber) && (firstNumber % secondNumber != 0));

int result = firstNumber / secondNumber;

//print the integer to check it
std::cout << firstNumber << std::endl; 
std::cout << secondNumber << std::endl;

each time I run this code it always give me the first integer more than the second. but the division result will be with remainder




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire