mercredi 25 septembre 2019

Excel crashing randomly

I generate over 100 reports daily in Excel, all with extensive VBA code. Unfortunately, some files are randomly corrupted for no reason that I can define. Either the file will crash immediately upon open, the user will get the "can't find project or library" error, a bad parameter warning will show, or the workbook will be completely unusable as all VBA functions are frozen. In the windows log I will usually see a faulting module for VBE7.dll. I am running Windows 10 and Excel 64bit with all updates. I've reinstalled MS Office and Windows with no help. I've tried various other fixes (registry changes) that did not help either. This is a random problem as it doesn't happen to every report but it occurs every day to some of them. All can be repaired by opening in safe mode and recompiling the code but this is not something I can expect users to do nor do they have access to the code (all pw protected). I've dealt with this issue for the last two years and nothing has worked. Microsoft has been utterly unhelpful as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, for any true experts out there who could dig into this and find a solution I am certainly willing to pay for your time and expertise. Thank you.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire