lundi 31 août 2020

rename list of values to random values in pandas df

I have a column sites in pandas df. Data format: list of strings. I need to change the values of the column to randomly generated words. My data below:

row                    sites
1                    ["Elle", "Harpers", "Cosmo"]
2                    ["Elle", "Vogue"]
3                    ["Cosmo"]

Desired output:

row                    sites
1                     ["KLD", "GHL", "JGF"]
2                     ["KLD", "VGO"]
3                     ["JGF"]

I should be able to reverse the names after also or have them saved in the format VGO = Vogue I wanted to use numpy.random.randint but seems like this method is only for integers. What is the fastest way to generate the names rather than hardcode using replace?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire