mercredi 12 octobre 2022

How to assign a random value to a constant so that it does not change its value

I wanted to generate a random number using Random() and make it unchanged with-in a given execution irrespective of number of calls to that method.

How can I do it?

The following explanation would make my question more clear.

I am generating a randomNumber within a range by the following method.

        private int generateARandomNumber(int min, int max) {
//        min = 101;
//        max = 10001;
        Random random = new Random();
        myRandomNum = random.nextInt(max - min) + min ;
        return myRandomNum;
    }

How can I assign the value returned to a constant like

MYID = generateARandomNumber(101,10001),

which will remain unchanged for this execution?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire