mardi 11 octobre 2022

Trying to come up with a formula that would return different greetings given per cell based on a list of greetings

I have created a daily journal in Spreadsheets where each day has it's own section. In each section, I created a questionaire that asks the user how they are doing in that day. I would like to add on top of that questionaire a different greeting per day, so I wrote a list with 30 variations in each cell (for example: "hello", "good morning", "buenos dias", "bon jour"...).

Where the different greetings will show up

list of greetings

I tried to use the rand() formula to select different greetings but since that formula is volatile and updates every time I make a change, it wont work for me.

As a solution, Each daily section starts with a cell countaining the date, so I thought that since each day would have a different greeting, I could use the number value of each date to drive the selection (for example: 05/05/2022 is the number value 44686, the next day is 44687).

I thought about using the Index formula but it requires that I use a number from 1 to 30 to retrieve one of those 30 greetings. I think that even if I were to somehow transform the date into a number from 1 to 30, perhaps in a few days, the value would end up being bigger than 30.

Anyway, I appreciate any help! Gabriel




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire