mardi 28 avril 2015

Generating 'random' string from a different string in python?

I'm trying to generate a random string using the elements of a different string, with the same length.

Ex) String: AGAACGC

I want a random string using only elements from the string above

Right now I have:

import random
seq = 'AGAACGC'
length = len(seq)    

for blah in range(len(seq)): #Apologies for the lame variable names
    x = random.randint(0,length - 1)
    print seq[x]

And of course this will give me something like:

A

A

G

A

C

A

A

How would I alter the program so that it prints out my random string on one line?

I'm hoping for a relatively simple answer, as I'm still a beginner in python, so I don't want to get too fancy. But any help at all would be appreciated.

And is there a way to repeat the randomization 'n' number of times?

Say instead of 1 random string, I wanted 4 random strings on different lines. Is there an easy way doing this? (My newbish mind is telling me to repeat the loop 'n' times...but it needs to be a changeable number of randomized strings)

Sorry for asking. I'd really appreciate some help. I'm stuck on a bigger problem because I don't know how to do these steps.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire