lundi 24 octobre 2016

Generate N positive integers within a range adding up to a total in python

I have seen other posts addressing similar problem. I know how to generate N positive integers. I also know how to restrict the sum of randomly generated integers. The only problem is satisfying the condition that none of the N values fall out of the specified range.

e.g. generate_ints(n, total, low, high) should generate n value array such that each value is between low and high and the sum adds up to the total. Any pointers/ help would be greatly appreciated.

e.g.generate_ints(4, 40, 4, 15) should generate something like

[7,10,13,10]

I don't care if the numbers are repeated, as long as they are not highly skewed. I am using np.randon.randint(5,15,n) to select the integer.

Thanks again.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire