lundi 24 octobre 2016

Using a specific seed in fortran's RANDOM_NUMBER algorithm

I'm looking to use a specific set of seeds for the intrinsic function RANDOM_NUMBER (a PRNG). What I've read so far is that the seed value can be set via calling RANDOM_SEED, specifically RANDOM_SEED(GET = array). My confusion is how to (if it's possible) set a specific value for the algorithm, for instance in the RAND, RANDU, or RANDM algorithms one can specify their own seed directly. I'm not sure how to set the seed, as the get function seems to take an array. If it takes an array, does it always pull the seed value from a specific indicy in the array? Basically, is there a way to set a specific single seed value? If so, would someone be able to write-it out? Thanks kindly,

*As a side note - I'm attempting to set my seed because allegedly one of the other PRNGs I mentioned only works well with "large odd numbers" according to my professor, so I decided that I may as well control this when comparing the PRNG's.

Thank you!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire