lundi 24 octobre 2016

Generating random corridors and random networks of specific areas in ArcGIS

I want to compare the richness of mammals between 1) an implemented biological corridor that connects two patches of forest, against a random generated network connecting these same patches; and 2) two forest patches connected by the corridor against a random generated set of protected areas of the same total area as my connected forest patches. For this purpose I want to the following:

1) Generate a random network of corridors that would connect my two forest patches of interest and that has the same area as my "real" biological corridor (that is the one that has been implemented already).

2) Generate a random group of protected areas with the same area as the forest patches connected by my "real" corridor.

I have a full licence for ArcGIS 10.3.1 and I haven´t been able to find any tool to do such things in this software. Has someone done this type of analysis in the past and can guide me through on how to do it? Any information on what tools or procedures I could use to generate this type of data will be very much appreciated. I have surfed the web extensively for answers but I can´t find exactly what I need.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire