vendredi 27 janvier 2017

Self-Replicating Scammer Spammer - Randomizing Popup Positioning (Chrome)

Before I start the intended purpose of this project is to mess with Tech Support Scammers, so please try to see the funny side. Also simplicity and low-resource usage is a must.

Purpose: while Scammer is connected to machine, you use a control app on host to set off an annoying self-replicating popup that opens 2 more instances of itself every time you close it. This popup plays a YouTube video (or other flash video, for bonus amusement). Initially it must not slow down the system too much, but when it's told it will create them faster and faster until system halt...

I have most of it down. Funny side note: while testing the "go ape-shiz mode" in Visual Studio it lagged my pc (AMD 8-Core w/ 16GB RAM) to beyond usability in less than 5 seconds, couldn't stop it, open task manager or even start menu! I had no choice but to press physical restart button. Worked a little too well lol.

After some tweaks, first VM test worked great, YT videos loaded in IE and I was happy with the results, had to restart the VM and since then IE hasn't been able to load flash videos. Odd, but I will fix that. IE popups offset nicely and when required it fills up the screen pretty quickly so this is fine.

For now though I want the option for it to make use of Chrome. Everything works but the problem is the popups neatly stack in the top left corner, which is no fun at all. I can't seem to find anything about randomizing the popup position, only offsetting it slightly. I would much rather have it pop up at random locations, it would be the perfect way to piss them off.

Rules:

NO Plugins except those that your average person would use (i.e. Flash player)

HTML, CSS, and JS only!

Keep it SIMPLE!! No 'hundreds of lines of code' unless you feel like writing a detailed explanation, I intend for this to be OpenSource and want novices to be able to understand (plus I don't really know much JS).

Keep resources low! Very important. Will be useless if first 5-10 popups freeze the VM.

To give you an idea, here is the code i'm using to make the popup replicate itself (JS only, I don't need to show you how to implement full-page YT videos):

<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = function(){ window.open("file:///C:/Windows/System32/popup.html", "", "width=300, height=200") }
window.onunload = function(){ window.open("file:///C:/Windows/System32/popup.html", "", "width=300, height=200") }
</script>

The idea is that the popup is just a HTML file hidden in the VM (hence why no JQuery, AJAX, etc), I chose to put mine in the System32 folder but the "controller" app can create, store and switch between multiple popups, to demo it to a friend earlier I had about 5 different popups and was freely switching between them from my host OS. Was pretty cool other than the neat stacking.

Finally: I would really appreciate the help. Whoever is the first to post the best solution gets best answer, and shoutout in credits of the released app and future YT videos (demos and DIY tutorials). Also be kind, web dev isn't my strong suit!! Thanks guys.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire