mercredi 13 juin 2018

How to share random numbers out evenly in C#

I am looking at sharing out a fixed number of 32 teams between a varied number of people.

Of course, 32 may not always be evenly divisible, but for the sake of this exercise, lets say I am looking to share the 32 teams between 4 people, so a maximum number of 8 teams per person.

int max = 32 / numb;

foreach (string value in wcteams)
{
    //Assigning teams to players
    int selection = random.Next(0, numb);

    int[] counter = new int[max];
    counter[selection] = counter[selection] + 1;

    if (counter[selection] < max)
    {
        Console.WriteLine(inputtedNames[selection] + " has drawn " + value);
    }                    
}

Right now, I can run that code and I will get a list back of randomly chosen people along with their team. But the limit will not be implemented and some players will end up with more teams than others.

I understand that the following code:

counter[selection] = counter[selection] + 1;

Is not working to add up the number of teams that the user has received, am I on the right track here with how to tally up the number of times a player has been randomly selected or is there another method that I should be doing?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire