vendredi 15 juin 2018

What software do I need to run the NIST Random Number Generator Test Suite on Windows?

I have downloaded the NIST Statistical Test Suite from https://csrc.nist.gov/projects/random-bit-generation/documentation-and-software. I am trying to follow the steps in the NIST documentation (section 5.3) and run into problems at the first step. Mainly because I can't find an sts.tar folder. I did a bit of research and found that it might be due to the fact that I am not running Linux. I have VirtualBox but am not sure how to use it to run NIST (at all really!).

I also found this on Github https://github.com/kravietz/nist-sts but am not sure what type of MSVC I need (e.g. Enterprise or Community or Pro). I'm not very aware of Microsoft Studio and I don't want to be downloading tons of programs and/or variations of NIST Test Suites to run tests of randomness on PRNGs if I don't need to.

Can anyone advise me with a step-by-step guide on how to run the NIST Statistical Test Suite on Windows?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire