samedi 25 janvier 2020

Why is random.choice giving me answers from other lists? [closed]

I want to create a generator for me and my cousin to play a game with random equipment in the game. However when i would use the while loop and the if's and elif's and the random.choice it would give me random things all the time. I would get guns when i ask for armor instead.

For example if i had:

names_invited = ["Kreg, George"]

names_at_party = ["Blue", "Connor"]

names_not_at_party = ["Dixon","Donnor"]

names_not_invited = ["Sindy, Grinch"]

name__from_bothlists = [names_invited, names_not_invited]

print(random.choice(names_invited))

x = 1

while x == 1:

  ask = input("What name?: ")
  if ask == "notinvited":
    **name_selector = random.selector(name_bothlists)**
    print(random.choice(names_from_bothlists))
  elif ask == "atparty":
    print(random.choice(names_at_party))

Then I would get:

What name?: "atparty"

It gives me:

Grinch (which is from the not_invited list)

My problem is i have different lists and its getting a random one from the wrong list. Ive figured out where the problem is.... its the name_selector == random.choice. if i removed that it was fine because i had other elifs and if statements however, when i do remove that i still would get the list and not the specific random item. in this case.

['Sindy', 'Grinch']

Though it all works. i just want to be able to select that specific one... without the issue of trying to use another list and getting one from the both list group.

Simple breakdown: Im trying to have a list of lists that select a random item. However when i have the "selector = random.choice()" it uses only that list of lists. So when i have my armor list in my project, i ask for a random choice from there and get an item from my guns list.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire